Free Consultation Form

Send My Information

Common Questions

Answers From Our Glendale Workers’ Compensation Lawyers

If you’ve been injured, we know that you have questions. The Law Offices of Wax & Wax specializes in workers’ compensation and Social Security Disability law. With offices in Glendale and Santa Clarita, we are proud to serve workers in the Greater Los Angeles area. Our team has more than 100 years of combined professional experience and have handled many types of claims. At our office, the client is our top priority and only our experienced lawyers, never a paralegal or hearing representative, handle your case.

For answers to a few common questions, read below. You can also contact us online or fill out a free case evaluation.

What happens if I am injured on the job?

If you are injured while working, no matter what your job, report the injury immediately and seek medical attention. It is important that your doctor documents the physical or emotional damages. With this report, you may be entitled to file a workers’ compensation claim to help pay for your medical bills and other expenses.

Can my boss fire me if I file a compensation claim?

It is against California law to fire anyone who has been injured at work for that reason. Your boss also cannot discriminate against you because of your injuries or in an attempt to make your job harder. Labor Code Section 132(a) prohibits the unlawful acts of employers against their injured employees. If you have been fired or discriminated against, contact a workers’ compensation lawyer to help protect your rights.

How long do workers’ compensation claims take? How much do they cost?

The answers to these questions depend on your individual circumstances. For example, if you were severely injured and require long and complicated medical treatment, your case may require more time to settle.

Medical expenses and attorney fees come out of your settlement and are paid by your employer’s insurance company. The fee for your legal representation must be approved by the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board.

How can an attorney help me?

Workers’ compensation cases can be complex and often require an in-depth knowledge of the laws to help you get the settlement your injuries deserve. A board-certified specialist has years of case work and has demonstrated results in a number of claims. This experience, as well as continual education in the field, can benefit your case greatly.