Personal Injury Lawyer in Glendale, CA
Helping Residents with Personal Injury Cases Since 1952
Have you been seriously injured due to someone else’s mistakes? While it is natural to get upset about the situation, you also need to get moving about doing something about it. You could have a valid personal injury claim or lawsuit to file against them – but if you wait too long, your case could weaken or you may miss your opportunity to file a lawsuit at all. Contacting a personal injury lawyer in Glendale as soon as possible is the best way to ensure you get fair compensation, and the Law Offices of Wax & Wax in Glendale and Santa Clarita can help you each step along the way.
Glendale Personal Injury Lawyers
Our personal injury lawyers in Glendale are focused on elevating our clients’ experiences to points that exceed their expectations. Your case isn’t just a case, it is a big part of your life right now, and it deserves time and attention to be as effective as it can. We are here to show you that legal representation does not need to be impersonal. When we are working on your claim, we take everything to heart and aim for the best possible outcomes, including settlements, verdicts, and awards. A Glendale personal injury lawyer from our firm will help you get the compensation you need.
On This Page:
- Cases We Handle
- Common Personal Injuries
- What Damages You Can Recover
- What Damages Are Owed
- What a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Do For You
- How Much Are Lawyer Fees for Personal Injury?
- What Is the Personal Injury Lawsuit Process?
- Can You Sue If You Are Partially At-Fault?
- Personal Injury Claim Time Limits
- Get Started
The Law Offices of Wax & Wax has more than 100 years of combined legal experience. We are known as pioneers in workers’ compensation law, and our insight and knowledge in that field has also translated to great things in personal injury law. At the end of the day, we are the Glendale personal injury lawyer who stands up for people who have been wrongfully injured in all sorts of accidents.
We can manage personal injury claims that involve:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Defective products
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- And much more
A personal injury claim can be filed if you have been injured due to another’s negligence. Injuries may range from minor cuts, bruises, and abrasions to major head trauma, paralysis, loss of limb or even death. Common physical injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Head and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back pain/strain
- Whiplash and other soft tissue damage
- Broken bones and fractures
- Permanent disfigurement or scarring
When it comes to filing a lawsuit for your personal injury case, there are several types of damages that you could be eligible for. These include:
- Medical bills: You have the right to be compensated for the medical bills that you have incurred due to your accident. This includes past, current, and future expenses.
- Lost wages: If you are unable to work due to your injuries, you may be entitled to recover lost wages.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering is a non-economic type of damages that can be sought in a personal injury case. It is intended to compensate an injured person for the physical pain they endured and emotional distress caused by an accident or injury.
- Property damage: Property damage refers to any damage done to property as a result of an accident or injury.
Personal injury cases are a great way to find closure and peace of mind after someone’s mistake ends in your injury. Of course, they are also a fantastic way of finding financial stability after your injury causes you to suffer all sorts of damages. It would be our honor to help you seek every possible penny through a personal injury claim filed against the party or parties who did you wrong. We know how to uncover additional damages and insurance policies to maximize the value of the cases we handle.
The liable party could agree or be ordered to pay you for your:
- Medical costs, including past and future
- Lost wages and lowered income capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disabilities
- Negative changes to your day-to-day life
- And more
Whether you are going up against an individual, a company or just the insurance company, odds are the other party will have a lawyer on their side to represent their best interests. It only makes sense that you should have the same. A skilled accident lawyer can also help with the following:
- Determining who should be found liable for the accident
- Conducting a thorough investigation of the accident
- Determining what fair compensation would be when taking into account your injuries and your road to recovery
- Experience with the California legal system and bringing cases before a court
- Guidance in filing the proper paperwork and ensuring you don't miss any important deadlines
- Keeping you informed about the progress your case is making
Ultimately, a skilled injury attorney can help you maximize your compensation and ensure that you receive a fair settlement that covers the costs of your injuries and ensures you are set up to recover.
Our team offers personal injury representation on what is known as a "contingency basis." This means that you only pay us if we successfully recover compensation on your behalf. If we do not obtain compensation for your injuries, you won't owe us a cent.
If we do successfully resolve your case, we deduct our payment as a percentage from your final settlement. This means that there is no risk involved in hiring an injury lawyer to represent you. If you win, we all win!
Most personal injury lawsuits follow the same process, regardless of what type of injury you're suing over. In general, you can expect to go through the following steps:
- After you hire our team to represent you, we will file a complaint and serve it to the defendant on your behalf; this complaint will detail the claim you have against the defendant and what types of injuries you suffered
- The defendant will then have opportunity to hire their own lawyer or reach out to their insurance company for assistance in handling your claim; at this time if the defendant is willing to offer a reasonable settlement for your injuries, you may be able to avoid a court case
- We will then enter the "Discovery" or Pre-Trial phase in which both sides build their cases and compile evidence; this can include interviewing witnesses as well as the victim in a deposition
- If the defendant is still unwilling to negotiate a fair settlement, we will proceed to trial and fight for your rights in court
California has a pure comparative negligence rule for liability in personal injury claims. After removing legalese, this rule means that you can file a claim against and demand compensation from any party that caused or contributed to your accident, injuries, or damages by at least 1%. You could be 99% liable for your injuries and still have the legal right to file a claim against the other party involved in your accident.
While this might seem strange, California’s pure comparative negligence rule is claimant-friendly because it does not strip you of the ability to seek compensation just because your mistake also contributed to your injury. Imagine that you were hit by a drunk driver while you were texting behind the wheel. You are both found 50% liable for the accident. You can still demand 50% of your damages from the other driver, which could be significant if your injuries were much worse than their own.
Yes. Each state has a different time limit (also referred to as the "statute of limitations"). California's statute of limitations on personal injury claims is 2 years from the date of the injury (California Code of Civil Procedure section 335.1). This means that if you fail to file your claim with the court within that timeframe, you give up your right to sue the responsible party.
There is one exceptions to this statute:
- If your claim involves a government agency the time limit is shortened to 6 months (California Government Code section 911.2)
Our personal injury attorneys in Glendale are known both far and wide for providing compassionate and professional legal representation and guidance to the wrongfully injured in California.
If you were recently hurt due to someone else’s negligence, then we invite you to schedule a FREE consultation with our firm. We can talk about what happened to you, and what the next steps might look like if we think you have a valid personal injury claim waiting to be made and filed.